THE SCOTTISH CRANNOG CENTRE
THE SCOTTISH CRANNOG CENTRE TRUST
What information do we collect?
- We collect your name, contact details and payment details when you book a tour
- We collect your name and email address when you sign up to a newsletter in order to stay in touch with you and keep you informed of our events and news
- When you decide to become a Friend of the Crannog, we collect your name, email address and payment details.
- We have found your name and contact details through a search of publicly available websites for the purposes of contact, research or collaboration
- We collect how you use our websites, unless you have opted out of cookie consent
- Any other information you post, email or otherwise send to us
How do we use this information?
Information about you will only be used:
- If you have provided us with your consent
- If processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take the steps at your request prior to entering into a contract
- If it is in our legitimate interest to process information about you as a visitor or friend or
With your consent we will:
- Keep you up to date via electronic, postal and telephone communications with news, events, activities, programmes, services, funding and progress of interest to you
To meet our contractual obligations to you we will:
- Process your bookings for tours and events
- Process purchases in our shop when you pay by card
On the basis of our legitimate business interests to you we will:
- Analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our website, activities and events and to ensure continuous improvement of all of our services
- Inform stakeholders of opportunities that may be of interest to them
- Notify you about changes to our services
- Send you information if you are a professional contact
Cookies and Website Privacy
Non-essential cookies will only be placed with your consent.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected and, in some cases, so we can comply with our legitimate and contractual obligations.
We will hold your details when you book a tour indefinitely (this information can be provided or deleted at your request) or an event for 18 months. At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
Our credit card payment processor holds your payment details for 7 years as required by law.
In the case of subscribed services such as mailing lists we will hold the personal data you provided us for 5 years. After this period, we will ask you whether you wish to remain on our mailing list. Alternatively, you can opt out of the mailing list at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ button.
Who we share data with
Besides this, unless required to do so by law, we will not share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Access, update, or have your information deleted
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information held by us in our records. If you would like a copy of this information, please contact us using the details below. We want to make sure that your information is accurate and up to date. You may also ask us to correct or remove any information you think is inaccurate.
We will provide you with a copy of all information maintained about you. Please contact us under The HR Department (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We will correct any inaccuracies in such information as soon as practicable after being notified in writing. Any user may also require that this information be removed from our records by writing, emailing or unsubscribing.