Sign up for the
Crannog Newsletter
Email Us
+44(0)1887 830583
Contact Details
Get Involved


With thanks to ...

The Crannog Reconstruction
The authentic Crannog reconstruction was built between 1994-1997 as an archaeological experiment led by Dr Nicholas Dixon and Ms Barrie Andrian of the Scottish Trust for Underwater Archaeology (SC018418) based on their underwater research. In the absence of major funding, the crannog was built by a mainly volunteer workforce, too numerous to list individually, with support and contributions from the following:

The Ellis Campbell Foundation, the Carnegie Trust for the Universities of Scotland, the Esmee Fairbairn Trust, Glenfiddich Living Scotland Awards, the Mac Robertson Trust, the MacTaggart Third Fund, Master Thatchers North, the Moray Foundation, Perth & Kinross Council, Perth & Kinross Heritage Trust, Perthshire Tourist Board, the Russell Trust, Scottish Enterprise Tayside, the Scottish Trust for Underwater Archaeology, Tayreed Company Ltd and the University of Edinburgh. We are also grateful to numerous friends and supporters for the donation of goods, services, equipment and funds.

The Scottish Crannog Centre
The Crannog opened to the public in July 1997 with exhibits displayed in temporary buildings. We thank all staff, students, volunteers, and supporters who provided the framework which helped pave the way for a more permanent Centre. We are especially grateful to the Balmoral Group, the Esmee Fairbairn Trust, the Gannochy Trust, the Leader II Programme, Perth & Kinross Council, Perth and Kinross Heritage Trust, the A Proctor Group and Scottish Enterprise Tayside who supported and funded the new Scottish Crannog Centre which opened in July, 2000.


Please share...
and follow us!